Burning Man Day 6
September 4th, 2026
by Eduardo
People with Dad don't think or feel ANY JOY nor think like that as regards the suffering and misfortune of any of mankind, hybrid or not. We see it, we know it, we report on it. But it never brings us joy. Never. Only a black soul gets joy out of the suffering of others.
It's why I live in a sea of shite and for years. Every misstep, mine own or of others, brings me pain and empathy at their suffering. I understand. I know what suffering is. More than most ever will know, Bless them. I feel for the burners this week, always have.
I tried. You know. I did. Warn them, others, everyone. Don't go. Judgment on this place that cannot be changed now. Ever, ever, ever.
And yet they come. And suffer, and live tragedies.
A sad time for all. That needn't have been, had a different choice been made.
You know.
Don
And now...youse can't leave.
Earth, Air and Water. And Fire again, but no one is talking about it so far. We are about 50% of the precipitation of Mud Man (2023).
------------
The gate into and out of BRC is temporarily closed due to wet conditions from rainfall and will remain closed until further notice.
Light rain is expected to continue through approximately 4p today. If you are in BRC, please do not drive your vehicle around the city.
Delay your travel to BRC and wait for updates. You may not wait along SR447 or loiter in local communities like Nixon, Empire, and Gerlach.
Monitor the National Weather Service for weather updates.
BxB weather delays: SF 11a bus delayed to 3p; Reno 12p bus to 4p; 4p Reno runs on time.
BRC Airport closed 'til 1pm.
----------------------
https://www.reddit.com/r/BurningMan/comments/1w77uf0/why_do_we_still_do_this/"Why do we still do this?"
We don't do this because it's fun. We do this because we thought it would be fun.
-------------------------------------------https://www.reddit.com/r/BurningMan/comments/1w74bxs/how_bad_is_it_out_there/
How bad is it out there?
Hunkering down in my tent. Rain still going. 0.01" of precipitation my ass. Shades of 2023. How bad is it out there?
Outside my front door in the ghetto.
It's so fucked out there. From a friend's post just now.
Off 2 & D @ 7AM from my rig.Im expecting ? and have been keeping things chill af this burn so I stayed in last night and husband went out with camp. Got ahold of husband around 3AM to help with something and he came back from opposite side of the playa with no issue on his bike. Said the rain was on and off most of the early evening. But it has been raining since then. I was at mudman and while I suspect many got stuck last night, I don't believe this'll be too problematic if it clears up as expected! We shall see. Edit: nearby weather station from the 3 o clock plaza is reporting 0.28in of total precipitation as of 7:15am. Mudman estimated somewhere around 0.8 to an inch in 24hrs. Edit 2: as of 10am, we're at 0.37in of rain
Hey atleast you won't have any more whiteouts for awhile
t's much worse now than 3am.
Source: have been up since yesterday.
We're expecting, too. Congrats ?
Oh yes absolutely! The rain was heavier in the early morning hours.
Congrats to you both as well!!! Selfishly with the weather this year, no fomo with all this sleep I'm getting ?
According to the live stream it looks magnificent out there:
I heard the Man is closed!
The rain is expected to pass by 7-10 am. Driving will likely be limited through late afternoon / early evening. BxB will update passengers this afternoon.
Just chill. The playa dries out hella quick.
Let us hope for clear skies to enable said quick dry!
Pretty bad.
Thursday night was passing / intermittent rain that was just enough to stick your shoes.
I think we all assumed it would stay like that/not get much worse. However it was bad enough to strand people.
It's 7am Friday now, and it's nonstop.
Our camp extended the music hours to give the orphans solace. (Indoor camp)
I drove last night to help a few friends with the strike. Couldn't get there before 4:30 and now I am stuck. Any signs that it will stay like this or the rest of the week is gonna get more fucked? I need to be out Tuesday morning and can't afford to get stuck in the city.
A literal sea of abandoned e bikes.
Sock - bag - sock!!!
Be careful with no shoe folks, a campmate of mine had a piece of rebar go partially through her foot in '23
It's fucking terrible dude. A literal shit show.
The mud burn was my first and probably last burn, great to see the tradition continued.
The playa does not present herself like this without reason. Wet, sultry and darkened by rain, softened after so long in want, she lies beneath the open sky in exquisite anticipation. Every glistening inch is an invitation; every silence, heavy with restraint. Mother Nature has waited long enough. What happens next belongs only to you and her. Take her now or be damned to a life of regret. That's how you get fairy shrimp hatching inside your urethra. The playa, by its nature, tells us to stay away always. There has been a little more rain in the last few years. But hell, I will take a little rain over 105 days, or windstorms that break things, or lightning. ---------------------------------------------------






