September 1st 2026,
by Eduardo
Day 2 was pretty much day 1 with a little bit more camped people. Most people going are just being conned into an experience that is no longer there. See, it ain't just we "haters" talking about it. Not much to gain, so much to loose. I wish you weren't there...
---------------------
https://www.reddit.com/r/Reno/comments/1w26i13/burning_man_has_lost_its_soul/
Burning Man has Lost its Soul.
https://sfstandard.com/2026/08/29/burning-man-lost-its-soul-founder/
"Today, the event has become so wrapped in celebrity and red-velvet-rope exclusivity that it projects an image as glossy as anything emanating from Hollywood or Madison Avenue."
"As someone who has aimed to live a free life, I see in Burning Man today an instrument of top-down control."
- John Law
--------------------------
Looks just like as it was at the end of the previous editions, when everything was packed up or had been gone away already. Except that not much has been unpacked or built at all.
Everybody is watching: what will happen here? So dusty...
------------
(this one still from day 1)
https://www.reddit.com/r/BurningMan/comments/1w2uudm/leos/
LEOs
I am a 16 year veteran. I know we always hear the same shit about the LEO presence. I want to come on here and say this year has a huge influx, all very eager to pull folks over. Starting at Nixon. We have seen more cars pulled over than the last 3 years combined.
Be safe
Do the limit
Dont do dumb shit
...
I am literally in line, counting them and the people they have handcuffed.
No alarming anyone just better to be safe than sorry
-----------------




