Thursday, February 23, 2023

Letting go of possessions

Letting go of possessions

Don Bradley

 

Thing about freeing yourself to things, clutter in the house, and the ever growing pile of possessions that occurs naturally as the years go by. I learned this in 2019, from a friend.

To really know if a thing can and should stay or go, ask 3 questions.

1. Do I have a deep memory, joyful, regardless of connection point, that brings me fond and lasting memories...happiness and joy?

2. Have I used that item in the last 3 to 5 years?

3. Am I ever likely to use that going forward?

If you answer yes to any of the above, then keep the thing.

If no, let it go. You know what to do.

You might as well triage the thing now, because later, when it counts, you won't be able to by choice. It will all just go away, as it happens.

DB