Monday, February 17, 2020

I had to run errands, as must we all, today...

they are getting rid of 100k people this week...because of the virus, worldwide. Many companies are doing the same thing. WAKE THE DOGGIE UP? PLEASE?

I drive with the car vents closed, permanently.

Before the car door opens, I put on mask and eye protection.

Everywhere I went today, including a pharmacy, was full of sick people - flu, cold, who knows.

I kept my hands in my pocket, because my surgical gloves have gone astray. Any change i received, went into one pocket, to be wetted down with Windex with ammonia. Money is plague carrier. Fact. Once indoors, I stripped down, shoes at the door, clothes in the wash, then wash hands and face, new clothes. Take a breath.

Some people I mention the coronavirus..."the what?" They don't even know.

The pharmacy people were not wearing eye, mask, or glove protection. I was looking at dead people. They were surrounded by sick and coughing people, who only think they have the flu. But, US hospitals say HALF of all flu patients ARE INFECTED WITH CORONA VIRUS. HALF.

HALF.

Every Stateside hospital. Every day. Soon, there will be lines to doctor's offices and hospitals. I give it 5 to 7 days, tops.

Couldn't give out that lovely DB smile I rock with all I meet. You can't smile through a mask. The young, people just out of college, mothers and fathers, friends, the elderly. I was looking at hundreds of dead people today.

I didn't want to go out, but someone I knew had needs, and only I was there for the job.

By thursday, that's it. I'm locking down. Waiting for the sick and dying to show up at my door, so I can look after them.

And I will, of course.

I will.


Post Script


California is massively infected. 40% of the people I saw today were visibly sick, flu or cold. You decide. At the Pharmacy, was the worst. 95%. That's to be expected. I hope I won't see another until mid summer, when the flu season ends. 

As it did with the Spanish Flu. It ended the summer of 1919 only to crank back up again in November and spread until late march, when it dwindled down to nothing. See, the warmer weather gets people outside, in sunshine, getting that life saving sun giving vitamin D. VIt D from pills is dog doo doo. Doesn't help your immune at all. Has to be sun made. I get 20 minutes every day. Use it to pray and think and plan and hope. Of course, our afternoons are in the upper 60s, being California.



Big metros, then the outward spread. You small town, hinterlands folk are the safest. Like as not, most of these folks who don't live shoulder to shoulder with the lied to masses, will be just fine and dandy, providing they get enough provender for the duration. And don't have to go to some larger town or city for supplies, too late in the game. Like as not, these folks will run into quarantine roadblocks and then that, as they say, is that. They got you. Separate you. And you die alone among strangers.

It's like the nice time is at night. The day hours, living with this horror show, is the nightmare you cannot wake up from. And none of us can. This is what end times are like. You can read about locusts, and plagues, and rivers and blood...but living it? 

Quite another thing altogether, isn't it?

People who sacrifice for others are highest in Dad's book. He says so. Many of you are. Bless your hearts and souls. I doff my hat to you. It's a small club, but it's good to see others in the clubhouse.