Friday, June 28, 2019

"Here's Your Playlist, Shithead": Amazon Alexa Insults Owner Who Wanted To Cancel Membership

This is what happens when your social credit score drops below 600. You are treated as filth, as the enema of the state, as an undesirable.

A deplorable.

Reports of Amazon Echo are pouring in from all over about this newest phenomena. We have a social credit score system like China. It's just you don't know about it.

And the idiots showed their hand TOO SOON. Because not everyone has a smart home, smart stuff, or their life is run on smart apps. You can make sure you OPT OUT of anything that has the word SMART in it.

DO it. Do it now.

Before it is too late.

Don

-------------
A 29-year-old man from south Wales was shocked when his Amazon echo dot device began calling him a shithead whenever he asked the personal assistant to play music.

Michael Slade says the device began swearing at him the day after he tried to cancel his Amazon Prime subscription, according to the Daily Mail.

"I tried to cancel my subscription and had a short conversation with someone in customer services and the next day my Alexa is calling me names," said Slade, adding "I’ve spoken to technical support and they told me to F... Off."



According to the Mail, Amazon offered Slade gift cards and a year of free Prime membership to make up for it. Providing he didn't cancel his prime membership.

Exactly what Echo was berating him for doing.

So...it is intentional, after all.


"I normally asked it to play me music. I’ve never made a playlist. When I ask it to play music, it would say ‘here’s something you might like’ and it’s normally some pop or student favourites," he added. "I was a bit annoyed at the gift card they send me - five pounds is hardly enough for being called a s*** head."

"All I wanted to do was cancel my Prime subscription because I wasn’t using it. I’ve wondered if someone has changed something on my account."

That said, "Software is available for the Echo Dot speaker that can make Alexa curse — but it is unclear whether someone might have deliberately uploaded this to the device."
Michael says that's not the case, however.

"I swear I haven’t done anything to it. Hand on heart I haven’t made it say it, or know why. Nor do any of my housemates."

Him: "Alexa, what is my name?"
Alexa; "Your name is "Sh*thead McSh*thead"
Him: "Alexa: Make me a sandwich"
Alexa: "I'm sorry, Sh*thead, I am just a computer speaker that listens for incriminating evidence and actionable blackmail material to use against you, and/or embarrass you in the future by live-streaming audio and video of you masturbating and using the bathroom"
Him: "Thanks Alexa, let me show you the trashcan"
Alexa: "I am a pretty girrlllllllllllllll..........................."