The best example, the absolute best case President Trump can make for his counter terror immigration restrictions is Europe. The hijrah into Europe, in the blink of an eye:
But it’s not just the US. Here is Nigel Farage defending Donald Trump’s militant Jihadists ban at the European Parliament in Brussels:
- A majority of Europeans want a ban on immigration from Muslim-majority countries. On a pan-European basis, only 20 per cent disagree. Undecideds are 25 per cent.
- Overall opposition to Muslim immigration is “especially intense” among older people.
- On average, 55 per cent of people across the 10 European countries surveyed want all future immigration from mainly Muslim countries into their own part of Europe to stop.
- Ranked from most opposed to least opposed, the ban is supported by 71% of Poles, 65% of Austrians, 64% of both Belgians and Hungarians, 61% of French, 58% of Greeks, 53% of Germans, 51% of Italians, 47% of Brits.
- By contrast, a 2016 Pew survey showed unfavorable views of Muslims were held by 28% of Brits, 29% of Germans and 29% of French. Something’s changed in the past year, and not for the better.
- 25% of Spaniards were said to have unfavorable views of Muslims in last year’s Pew study, but yesterday’s Chatham House poll findings put Spain at the bottom of the “ militant Jihadists ban” support list with 41% favoring a ban.
“are striking and sobering. They suggest that public opposition to any further migration from predominantly Muslim states is by no means confined to Trump’s electorate in the US but is fairly widespread.”The survey found little correlation with the number of Muslim people already settled in a country.
Worth keeping in mind as coverage in the mainstream media and the social media keeps sinking to ever lower levels of fairness and mutual respect.