Saturday, April 6, 2019

A Chat with the Head Representative at Ventura River Water District

A Chat with the Head Representative at Ventura River Water District

by Don Bradley

April 6, 2019


So, yesterday I went in to pay my water bill at the offices of our local water district. Being the way I am, I inquired if our punishing water rates were to go back to normal rates, now that both the governor of California AND the State Water Board have declared the drought officially over, in early March of this year.

They said, “No. Because the governor is wrong.”

“Excuse me? What about all the rainfall we've had, the full water tables, the flooding and flowing creeks, rivers, etc? The clerk didn't say anything and called someone to the front window, who apparently was in charge of facing tough questions. You know, like involving the truth or facts that everyone I TALK TO is more than aware of. “

I made the same statements to him, as well as telling him about the 3 rain gauges in the valley that I am aware of—of which I have two—and that regardless of where in the valley these gauges were, they reported water levels above 40 inches...and still counting. In fact, it was raining yesterday. And the day before. And almost every single week since November of 2018.

He said my gauges must be wrong and he must be adding the numbers together. That... that he would believe. So, after calling me a liar, he then went on to say that we only received 25 inches. And that the drought is still stage 3 and was on, with the same F you spank me rates we are being spanked for. He went on to lie to me about how poor little lake Casitas is our water supply is so very low, don't you know, and that we use it for water.

That's when I had the lying bastard.

I point blank told him that we have NEVER received our water from Lake Casitas in the history of this valley and that, in point of fact, all our water comes FROM GROUND WELLS, OF WHICH THERE ARE SEVEN. And these wells are full to over-flowing.

He blanched. Well, yes, of course we get our water from wells, but Lake Casitas is our back up. That's another lie. The wells have NEVER gone dry. Ever. All the springs and creeks are full, just from seepage from below, because in this valley, at floor level, the water table is a mere six feet below ground level. That is how saturated our earth is. I then informed him that even Nordhoff cemetery has flooding issues, because of high ground water levels and that folks with wells are reporting the Highest water tables THEY HAVE EVER SEEN.

I then asked him why they kept emptying the filling lake every summer to being near bone dry. He lied to again and said that NEVER happens.

Again, I had the lying public official. I informed the repeat offender that I, in fact, looked upon the lake from my domicile and watched them do it every year. Right into the ocean, ten miles away. At that point, he went silent.
These lying pigs, what with their agenda 21/2030 keeps us poor, in ugliness, fear, and slavery, tell so many lies, they don't even apologize when they are caught lying. And over and over and over again.

I walked out in disgust.

After of course, telling him I was a journalist and thanks for my next article.


Full in the winter
3 months later, a mud hole