Sunday, December 23, 2018

A fellow awakened soul writes



Diversity & Comics posted

Hello,
This video about YouTuber Matt Christiansen talking with Patreon’s Jacqueline Hart has convinced me to close my Patreon account ASAP.
This discussion with an employee of Patreon is deeply disturbing on many levels. Patreon is (or was) a very simple service. A way for creative people to receive funds from backers. My Patreon backers provided initial funding for my IRON SIGHTS graphic novel (and received a free PDF of the book as a reward).
But Patreon has made the stupid decision to jump on the SJW bandwagon in order to appease zealots. Patreon is now investigating and punishing people who use their platform. Not just for their behavior on the platform, but for all of their behavior in their entire life. This is ridiculous. I don't remember joining a religion when I signed up for this platform. I never noticed anyone at Patreon holding any sort of unquestionable moral authority. They are a simple financial service. Or at least they were.
Jordan Peterson has announced that he is launching an apolitical replacement for Patreon soon.
He says it will launch within a week or month, but it may take longer. I don't care. I'm leaving Patreon at the end of the month (or sooner). I just wanted to give my backers the chance to un-back me first. Several of my backers have already done so and they wrote to me to explain they were leaving because of the actions of Patreon, not for anything I did.
Thank you to everyone who has backed me on Patreon since I started this account in Summer of 2017. I appreciate you all and hope to see you on the replacement that Jordan Peterson cooks up.
Thank you,
Richard